Thursday, May 13, 2004

A frnd wrote this email to me. Bet there is not one freak who disagrees on this one.

- A Frustrated Freak.

Hey all,


I just came across this article about Carlo Marroni, Mayor of Orbassano (Italy) congratulating Sonia Gandhi for her Victory.... Itz titled " Italy Celebrates Congress Victory " .. Nothing wrong with the article.. I would have been a proud reader... had i been an Italian, specially these lines



Mayor Marroni "expresses his great satisfaction at the elections," his office said in a statement. "We're making contacts to send a telegram to Sonia Maino, and we will watch the situation as it develops in the coming days."



"It's good that an Italian can get elected in a country that's so far away, and that's culturally so different," he said. "Imagine here in Italy, if a foreigner were elected premier," exclaimed Gilberto Fulvi, who works in a youth center.



but well... I m not an Italian.... n for the first time in my life, I felt ashamed to be a part of that population which has given a verdict in favour of a leader who probably has no experience of serving Indian population..



This was the first time that i got an opportunity to vote.. and I was feeling on the top of the world when i actually did vote.. But the way things have gone, dunno why, but i seem to have lost my faith in democracy...Well, we boast of being the Largest Democracy in the world... but what use if we make a mockery of it ourselves... Does it make any sense in giving people , the right to vote, if they can't distinguish between the issues that they should relate the elections to ?? I dunno whether Indians should be proud of or ashamed of this " Dance of Democracy" .... I still dunno if the next time, I would have the same enthusiasm for voting ... If I know that sane thinking probably isn’t going to prevail any way... is it worth it ????



WAGH



P.S. :

1) Anyone interested in the actual article : - http://autofeed.msn.co.in/pandoraV2/output/2E316E56-4736-4516-B3AB-470725EF73D9.asp

2) Just wanna checkout the credentials of the leader whom we have ruled out :- http://autofeed.msn.co.in/pandoraV2/output/DA7F825B-6FE0-474E-B80F-639FFB4010AD.asp

3) Most Important :- Whatever I have written is my own personal opinion , I ve just expressed it using my freedom of speech ( That’s the only aspect of democracy which is still left at our disposal ) , And I am extremely sorry if it offends anyone. If anyone else would like to correct me, or express his views, he or she is welcome.

Abhi picture baaki hai mere dost !

Freaks Inc.. Bengaluru.. 15 years 2 months and 8 days later.. Agenda for the meeting: Day 1 1. Paying our respects to the beginning of time ...