Thursday, August 02, 2007

Relics

I'd be the first one to candidly admit that Ballsy's call of throwing me out of this blog was so freakin justified. Clearly since "paani sar se upar chala gaya tha ", I thought of ending my prolonged dormancy in contributing to this hallowed space. Also, to infuse some contribution, I'd like everyone to comment on what they make out of this rhyme specifically highlighting the "pattern" it follows.

Quote:

That thing that should not be is
The unnamed feeling I so cease to miss
Unforgiven, my heart reaches out to thee
Master of puppets oh please help me be

Reflection is a mode I need to be in
Down in a hole that I am, guilty of sin
A rotten apple, is what I feel of me
High hopes, that I'll reach the shore I no longer see

Vicariously, as I live my mundane life
No longer sober in this despicable strife
Cemetary gates, is all I can see
An empty page my eulogy would be

All these hollow years, I tried in vain
Prayed for that beacon to take away my pain
A low man's lyric it seems, I can't reason why
Goodbye blue sky as each day goes awry

Welcome to the machine, is what life did say
The trooper that I am, I will have my way
As judgement beckons on this reckoning day
I won't be a man in the box, sinking into the clay

Under a pale grey sky, a brave new world shall arise
Coming back to life, that I'd severed all ties
I'll win the fight against the harvester of sorrow
And turn the page to a new tomorrow

- End Quote

~ Aup

3 comments:

Balls said...

Aup...very unique and nice poem. The delay in writing up the comment was due to the fact that I was thinking of put up a hindi version of your poem...failed miserably!

But I can still say this....

Roop salona tera dekhke hai
Dil mera na Rajje
Kahan chali hai tu kudiye
Kal milenge kinne bajje

Gyarah Baje ya Barah Baje?
Gyarah Baje ya Barah Baje?

Yatin said...

Very nicely composed lyric!

Pre-sales getting to you, bro? :-)

vcd said...

Man ... I was the first person to comment on this post ... noticed it today that my comment never made it through for whatever reason ...

Sexy rhyme... A nice creative job of using Met, IM, Pink Floyd song names and making something meaningful out of it. Really liked it!

Abhi picture baaki hai mere dost !

Freaks Inc.. Bengaluru.. 15 years 2 months and 8 days later.. Agenda for the meeting: Day 1 1. Paying our respects to the beginning of time ...