Friday, July 02, 2004

Thoughts in tranquility:
Of traveling in the metro and meeting old friends

Yesterday was quite eventful as always.Though I couldn't keep up with my schedule for the day as always, I could keep up with my latest passion "swimming". It was pretty late in the evening around 9ish when I left for Rockville with heavy rains hindering every thought of leaving early. Samir drove me to the BWI rail station in the rains and finally I could catch the MARC train to Union Station DC just in the nick of time.

I had taken my cricket bat along with me since we(my friends and I) had planned to play cricket during the weekend.Then started my arduous efforts of explaining what it(the bat) was to every Tom Dick and Harry in the train...these Americans have to be so inquisitive that I felt " Gosh..had I been more laconic in my reply to the first person who asked me". One of my fellow passengers had also seen "Lagaan" which drew me to observe his suspected British descent.He was a Puerto Rican though and he follows cricket after his trip to India sometime back in 2000.Makes me happy..cricket finds a place in someones interests in this country apart from desis.I caught the metro from Union Station in DC towards White Flint which is the closest metro station near Rockville.
A quick comment on the "beauty" levels of the metro stations.There were gorgeous beauties in the train from Union Station till Dupont Circle after which the level gradually diminished to obscurity...easily explains why upscale towns produce upscale beauties.Finally I reached my friends place at 11pm in the night my days fast broken with an exquisite Gujarati platter of roti with "patta gobi ni sabji".And today morning the day I had been waiting for came by..a reunion of friends Ashutosh(my friend from Rockville), Aditya my friend from San Diego and I meeting each other after 5 yrs...the telephone and the internet has really bridged the communication gap in the most fulfilling way.

Abhi picture baaki hai mere dost !

Freaks Inc.. Bengaluru.. 15 years 2 months and 8 days later.. Agenda for the meeting: Day 1 1. Paying our respects to the beginning of time ...