Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wrath

Here is my 2nd offering on the Se7en deadly sins after Lust.

The green yonder where my brothers grazed
Is strewn with men putrefied or an amputee
My pure azure sky has turned a fiery grey
Led me to believe in revenge and anarchy.

Marching around like a dumb sheep
To uphold a few rogues' cataclysm
My blood fertilizes the land
While you feast on flesh and Rum.

You raped my women and poisoned my land
Whilst I tremble standing atop my debris
I'm normally not a praying man, but I
Wish HE bestows upon you pain and travesty.

This spite is sucking me deeper
Burning soul nailed in your greedy crucifix
Vengeance will rise from the ashes
Towering like a ravaging Phoenix.

Armed with broken bones and rotting flesh
I carry on undeterred
An eye for an eye, will only
Pave way to open my Third.

2 comments:

vcd said...

For some reason I totally missed your first tale in the saga (Weird ...) ... anyways donno brilliant hai ... iska middle para Run to the Hills types hai ... end totally brad pitt'ish in Se7en hai ... really well written

Yatin said...

A well written poem. I especially loved the concluding verse!

However, and this might be just me but the sentiment that explodes out of it is more like vengeance or retribution. I say this because a few too many stanzas seem to talk about the oppression and persecution that lies at the root of the subject's wrath.

I was left craving for a little more blood at the end of it ;-)

Abhi picture baaki hai mere dost !

Freaks Inc.. Bengaluru.. 15 years 2 months and 8 days later.. Agenda for the meeting: Day 1 1. Paying our respects to the beginning of time ...