Sunday, June 19, 2005

India Unbound

India Unbound

Currently reading a book called India Unbound by - Gurcharan Das .. A really nice book depicting his view of the Indian Economy after Independence to date .. came across this paragraph and found it particularly nice .. pasting the same ...

....... Most of my teachers at Harvard also had an antibusiness bias , which reinforced my own prejudice. As undergrads in arts and sciences, we looked with contempt at HBS across the Charles. All of us wanted to be scholars and dedicate our lives to the dispassionate pursuits of "truth, beauty and justice" like Socrates. It is, of course , castly different today , I realize . Todays undergrads , both in India and in the US, dont seem to suffer from our hangups and our idealism. They have the opposite problem. If the spirit of those times came in the way of building upon the lessons that I first learned as a thirteen yr old boy from my paper route, todays youth sometimes need to be reminded , I think, that there is a great world out there beyond money.

Guess this applies to me most ... :)

Abhi picture baaki hai mere dost !

Freaks Inc.. Bengaluru.. 15 years 2 months and 8 days later.. Agenda for the meeting: Day 1 1. Paying our respects to the beginning of time ...