Sunday, June 19, 2005

Some Musings of Yesteryears !!!

On a Saturday Afternoon with vacations and me lazing around, I was thinking about my yesteryears ... and these are whatever I recollect ... all thoughts are random ...

I dont recollect much detail .. but my first movie in a theatre ... I just remember a Shark as lively as in the S for Shark book ... and it going about its mundane work of eating ... and all the people in the theatre having a not -so-happy face .. which I never could fathom .... However, at that small age I would still think when going to watch a movie always involved watching a shark ...

I think I was staring out... so there was a time when I was not scared of heights. Then I remember be standing next to the vendor outside school in Mumbai – looking at the miniature Cars - Hot Wheels. Every kid had one such car. I had asked for one too. That was the second beating. ( I dont want to recount the first) It was 1984 and satellite TV and the Cola wars had not yet arrived. Years later I had my own miniature car collection. But it didn’t matter anymore.

No one knew Pepsi then, but James Bond and Spiderman were household names. They would visit us on Sunday evenings, on Doordarshan, in black and white. I remember Spiderman swinging from building to building and me humming the title song – “Spiderman, spiderman, friendly neighbourhood spiderman ,” the rest of the song I couldn’t understand but simply hummed along.

My earliest memories of James Bond were Sean Connery – I learnt the actor’s name much later – running from some goons, entering an aunty’s room, getting into bed with her, kissing her on the mouth to dupe the goons, and once they left, jumping out of the window, straight into the hotel pool, with another aunty wearing her undergarments ....

I think my aunt came into the room and felt I have become corrupted and closed the TV and then talked to my mom saying I am evil and seeing all nasty stuff ....

Sunday Evenings also used to be memorable for another reason ... All the girls used to vacate the badminton court by 5pm in the evening to go and watch the weekly movie shown on Doordarshan ... Leaving us guys to own the area after plaiyng cricket and play box - cricket in that space.

Also, I guess the best TV show I used to like was Giant Robot and I guess till date it has been my most favourite show ..... I still enjoy after school or leaving all things on the cricket ground just come and start watching the channel ....

More Musings maybe later

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At one point Giant Robot was my favorite too. In fact I tried watching a couple of episodes 6 months earlier .. and it feels so stupid now :)... guess times must change.

अनूप said...

The truth is that whenever you look back at your past you are most likely to think
"Man..how crazy was I..I was a total idiot"
But if you are recounting your experiences to someone you would always say
"Man..those were the days"
Ironical but true !

All said..Giant Robot was an excellet serial, but never liked Spiderman that much.

Anonymous said...

jerking anita @X@ handjob mpegs sophie @X@ ahndjob tits job @X@ jenteal huge boobs @X@ heather hooters tv @X@ leatherman squirt sample @X@ screaming squirters @X@ internal cumshot mpg @X@ rasurado brasileo @X@ adolescentes galeria caliente @X@ colaless gif @X@ maduras guapas sms @X@ gordas muy solo @X@ dormidas infragantis @X@ photos mpeg @X@ female squirting galleries @X@ tugjob upskirts @X@ long handjob liz @X@ amateurs tugjobs @X@ liwe bdsm @X@ 69 pieprzenie lezby @X@ dupeczki majtasy @X@

Abhi picture baaki hai mere dost !

Freaks Inc.. Bengaluru.. 15 years 2 months and 8 days later.. Agenda for the meeting: Day 1 1. Paying our respects to the beginning of time ...